Game consoles are not something we necessarily buy every year or two. Most of us still own PlayStation 4, launched in 2013, but it still runs games flawlessly. Sony released
the PlayStation 5 recently, and ever since it has been on every gamers wishlist.
The PS5 is new in all aspects, the futuristic console design is unlike any other and its high-end hardware with the new operating system is suited for next-generation gaming experience. Since the release of the PS5, gamers have been so eager to get their hands on one, so is the hype real? And what makes the PlayStation 5 so different?. If you wish to own one yourself, but don’t have the financial capabilities, use the Shahry app to pay in installments easily and without complicated procedures.
PlayStation 5 Design
The PS5 is an absolute giant compared to the PS4. The device is large and weighs about 4.5kg, you may need to do some planning beforehand and make some extra space in your home or in your home-entertainment center.
· Aesthetically, the large and heavy design of the console gives it a futuristic look. The device has two white outer panels that give it a spaceship-like appearance. The panels act as a protective jacket and have slots to draw in cool air. You can also remove these panels to clean up the dust that undoubtedly accumulates over time.
· The middle part of the PS5 has a glossy black finish, which adds to the console’s sleek look. However, the device is highly prone to fingerprint smudges and scratches. This part of the device needs to be cleaned with extra care, so we recommend using a microfiber cloth to keep it free of scratches and fingerprint smudges.
· The middle part of the PS5 has a LED strip that enhances the overall look of the console. The light turns orange when the console goes into rest-mode and changes from blue to white when the PS5 is turned on. You have the choice to place the console either vertically or horizontally using the accompanying circular stand. The Stand may look like it’s cheap and made of plastic, but it is very sturdy.
· The DualSense controller on the PS5 also offers upgrades, the DualSense controller remains different from the all-black design and changes to a black & white design. The DualSense controller appears larger and heavier in the hand compared to the DualShock 4. Its textured-back provides a better grip even if your hand is sweaty. It has an auxiliary input so that you can plug in wired headphones. Also, there’s a mute button.
· Sony has updated the ports of the PS5, and it comes with a SuperSpeed USB Type-A cable, along with a USB Type-C SuperSpeed port. Since there are already converter cables, you can easily connect other modern accessories and storage devices.
· You will find two SuperSpeed USB-A ports, an Ethernet jack, an HDMI 2.1 port, and an AC adapter on the back of the PS 5. Connecting the console to the TV is compatible with HDMI 2.1, it reduces latency and enables 4K gaming at 120fps. Also, it supports 8K at 60fps.
· The PS5 comes with an 825 GB SSD (Solid State Drive). There’s also a 4.0 M.2 slot for storage expansion in the future. Note that you may need to use some PS5 certified SSDs which meet Sony's bandwidth requirement. Sony has not yet released a software update to enable this feature.
· The PS5 console is backward compatible, it lets you play popular PS4 games like GTA V, Dead Redemption 2, Battlefield V and Minecraft. The game library allows you to download PS4 purchases on your PS5, even the DualShock 4 controller works on PS5. Which means you don’t have to necessarily buy an additional controller to play multiplayer games such as FIFA 21.
· Sony has also updated the user interface of the PS5. It’s neat and clean, so you can easily access settings, games and apps. The home screen should be familiar to PS4 users, with a horizontal row of titles showing your latest PS4 games. The PS5 allows you to record screenshots and videos while playing, or stream gaming videos on YouTube or Twitch by clicking on the ‘create’ button. You can also access entertainment apps such as Spotify, Netflix, YouTube, Prime Video, & Apple TV Plus from your PS5 console.
PlayStation 5 Performance
· PS5 has a AMD Zen 2 octa-core processor, 10.3 teraflops of graphics power, and a fast specialized SSD. Simply put, the device is extremely fast and even faster than the previous generations of Sony consoles. It takes the device 20 seconds to boot up, making it about half a minute faster than the 2013 PS4. Also, games load fast, we were able to turn on GTA V (PS4 edition) in 32 seconds, which would normally take one minute longer on the last generation console.
· We also played Hitman 3 and Call of Duty: Cold War (PS5 edition), and we can say that the graphical differences were minimal when compared to PS4. We have noticed faster graphics rendering without any latency. We’ve played this game on a 144Hz gaming monitor, but we were not able to enjoy higher fps rates because the monitor does not support HDMI 2.1.
· Backwards compatible games such as GTA V, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, Killzone Shadow Fall and Just Cause 3 ran without any issues. PlayStation Plus subscription from PS4 also works on PS5. So that users can have their account information, stats, achievements and game trophies synced automatically. PS5 exclusive titles like Returnal and Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart have recently become available, and these are the games you must play to experience the console's best potential.
· The PS5 DualSense controller takes the gaming experience to a whole new level. It offers much better immersive haptic feedback and also has a built-in microphone for voice chatting and voice recognition for the search bar. The controller's adaptive stimuli feature is particularly notable, as it offers physical resistance depending on what you do in the game.
· You can experience DualSense console precision by playing Astro's Playroom, a PS5 spin-off featuring cute robots. Senses can be noticed once you start playing. As you move your character, Astro, you can sense the movements in your hand via the controller. The comments also change as you walk with your character on different surfaces. You can feel the adaptive stimuli that heighten the tension as Astro pulls the strings of his bow to shoot enemies. The console also has built-in motion sensors that help maintain balance while walking on ropes.
· If you've been a fan of PS4 games for a long time, you'll probably be familiar with the jet-like exhaust sound that comes out of the device when it gets hot, and fortunately that isn’t the case with the PlayStation 5. The pS5 console barely warms up even after playing games for hours. The side panels stay cool as hot air is effectively directed through the back of the device, gamers can now finally conquer the fear of console overheating and game in peace.
the PS5 is truly a next-generation console. It’s fast, the titles look great and the device does not heat up. PS5 takes your gaming experience to a new level.
· The spaceship-like design of the console grows on you, and its futuristic hardware ensures you can play all the upcoming high-end gaming titles. Currently there are exclusively limited numbers of PS5 consoles, so you may have to wait a little longer to experience the true potential of the device.
Buy the PlayStation 5 in Installments with Shahry
· If you want to buy the PS5 and do not have the amount of money ready right away, pay in installments easily with Shahry. Download the app from the Google Play (Android) phones or the App Store (iOS). Sign-up without any complicated steps or documents.
· All you need to do is provide a copy of your national ID and request credit. Once you receive your credit balance, complete your purchase and your new PS5 will be delivered to your doorstep.